Welcome to Week 2 of the Online Teen Book Club for Among the Hidden by author Margaret Peterson Haddix. This is the first book in the Shadow Children series, which is made up of seven books. Check in each week and answer the questions listed under that week. When you answer a question, put the number of the question you are answering in your post. Don’t forget to respond to someone else’s post, so you can have fun talking about the book!
Week 2: Chapters 7-12
1. How did Luke spend his mornings?
2. Quote a line from the chapter that tells the reader the rules for Barons and third children.
3. Why didn’t Luke’s dad ever talk when he came home for lunch? Formulate a second reason he might not feel like talking to Luke.
4. What confirmed Luke’s idea that there was a hidden child in the home of the Sports Family?
5. If third children were not allowed, would you be illegal? What would happen if the Population Police caught you?