Welcome to Week 3 of the Online Teen Book Club for Among the Hidden by author Margaret Peterson Haddix. This is the first book in the Shadow Children series, which is made up of seven books. Check in each week and answer the questions listed under that week. When you answer a question, put the number of the question you are answering in your post. Don’t forget to respond to someone else’s post, so you can have fun talking about the book!
Week 3: Chapters 13-18
1. 4. Why was Luke surprised when he saw the inside of the Sports Family’s house?
2. Why was Jen able to move around more freely than Luke and have a greater knowledge of the world?
3. Think about the phrase Jen so casually uses to describe Luke when she checked him out on the computer, “you don’t exist.” Describe how that probably made him feel.
4. How is the way Luke’s parents deal with his hiding different from the way Jen’s parents deal with her hiding?
5. The Internet made it possible for Jen and Luke to connect with other hidden children. It helped them build a community of peers. Do you use the Internet to connect with people who share interests with you?